Vision of the Department
- The Chemistry Department is devoted to providing comprehensive, relevant curriculum to all post-secondary students, producing ethical, professional, knowledgeable graduates for careers in any field of engineering sciences in INDIA or abroad.
- To be identified as the BEST ever teaching-learning and research centre in the state and country.
Mission of the Department
- Educate students in Chemical sciences by giving excellent teaching
- To enhance Research and service opportunity for needy.
- Providing excellent theoretical and practical knowledge for students.
- Educate students in professional ethics, national integration, and analytical skill
Chemistry is an area of science and technology involved with the study of the properties and reactions of substances ranging from living cells to subatomic particles. It is at the center of many sciences and technical fields, providing the elementary information and tools required to address many of science and technology area needs and to examine the unknown. Areas as diverse as Electro chemistry, materials science, bio engineering, and nano science and technology look to chemistry when they look to the future, for that is where the ultimate in comprehension the molecular level resides.
Dr. Radhakrishna Reddy M
Professor & HOD
- The Department offers Engineering Chemistry in Theory and Lab for the First Year BE students and Technical Chemistry for Second Year students of Chemical Engineering.
Highlights Of The Department
Sanctioned Project from Vision group on Science and technology ,Government of Karnataka for 20 Lakhs under K-FIST program for the F.Y 2013-15.Read More
- Each engineering graduate will able to apply knowledge of engineering chemistry in the solution of Engineering problems.
- Each engineering graduate will able to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret experimental data.
- Each engineering graduate will able to explain the behavior of matter and materials using fundamental knowledge of their nature (ie electrons and intermolecular forces).
- Each engineering graduate will able to predict potential complications from combining various chemicals or metals in an engineering setting.
- Each engineering graduate will able to solve chemistry problems typically found on the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Each engineering graduate will able to keep notebooks of laboratory experiments and be able to evaluate results based on their own notes.
- Each engineering graduate will able to discuss, write or explain fundamental chemistry concepts with direct application to the built environment.
- To Provide a solid foundation and understanding of the fundamental principles of Engineering chemistry.
- To prepare engineering graduate to deliver the knowledge of engineering chemistry as required by universities ,research organizations and industry in their respective engineering field.
- To train engineering graduates to apply the chemistry knowledge not only areas that are relevant to Engineering, but also that are important to society.
- To prepare engineering graduates adapt to different roles and responsibilities in multicultural working environment by respecting diversity, professionalism and ethical practices, and demonstrate leaderships in solving emerging engineering problems within the organization and society at national and international levels.
- To provide motivation classes towards research and lifelong learning by providing an encouraging academic environment that stresses on ethical attitude.