Department of Mathematics
Vision of the Department
The Mathematics Department helps the students to apply mathematical logic and problem-solving skills to tasks beyond their mathematics classes; and demonstrate thinking across all disciplines.
Mission of the Department
The Mathematics Department inspires the students to become logical thinkers, critical thinkers and excellent solvers and hence contribute to the development of today’s society.
Mathematics is the study of quantity, structure, space and change. Mathematicians seek out patterns, formulate new conjuncture and establish truth by rigorous deduction from appropriately chosen axioms and definitions. Mathematics is used as an essential tool in natural sciences, engineering, medicine and the social sciences.Read More
- Graduates will have the knowledge in mathematics including differential and integral calculus, vector calculus, matrices, transforms, differential equations, probability and random process and statistics.
- Graduates will demonstrate the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will be aware of contemporary issues.
- To prepare the students to excel in undergraduate programs and to succeed in industry, technical profession through rigorous education.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
- To train students to apply the concepts learned to comprehend, analyze, design and create products and solutions for the real life problems.