Department of CS in Cyber Security
Year of Establishment : 2022
intake : 60
About the Course
“We want the education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one's own feet.”
By Swami Vivekananda
IoT & Cyber Security including Blockchain are specialized fields of Information Technology (IT) which is considered as a sub stream in Computer Science and Engineering.
In today’s world everything is connected to the Internet for ease of access, to monitor and control the devices across the globe. This provides an opportunity to automate different task and move all the communicating devices to be communicated through Internet. IoT is the most important technology for 21st century and it connects the device from home to industry, device to device or human to device. The various industry which uses IoT are Manufacturing, Automotive, Transportation and Logistics, Retail, Public Sector, Health Care, Agriculture.
The general safety across all industry is the requirement of securing these devices and its network. To secure the data generated due to communication between the devices, device to humans, and personal information are in demand. Cyber Security courses aims to equip the students with the knowledge and skills required to defend your data, devices, and personal information from the attacker. This course provides a wide variety of opportunity in IT sector and in other manufacturing and production industries.
As all devices are connected to Internet, the data generated is very huge. The data need to be accessed from the storage securely and should be available for access to the authorized users, the Blockchain provides this flexibility. Blockchain is a distributed ledger, in this system it records the information in such a way that it is impossible to change, hack or cheat the system. Blockchain is used in various sectors like Financial Transaction, Lending, Real estate, Secured Personal Information, Voting Secured Health care system, Supply chain management, Secured IoT.
With this introduction to the course, I Dr Shashikala, Professor and Head, Welcomes all of you to the Department of IoT & Cyber Security including Blockchain.
Happy stay at DSATM!!!.
To be frontier to provide the centre of Excellence in the field of IoT, Cybersecurity and Blockchain.
The Mission of the CSE in IoT & Cyber security including Blockchain degrees is to provide
- M1: a cutting-edge technology to the students to develop and innovate in IoT & Cybersecurity, including Blockchain which proves to be an essential part for any organization.
- M2: impart value based technical education of global standards
- M3: inculcate the entrepreneurship, technical knowledge and lifelong learning in theory and practice of Computer Science and Engineering in IoT & Cyber security including Blockchain.
- M4: To strengthen the alumni and industrial association for development of students leading to technical and socio-economic growth.
Our Graduates are
- PEO1: Employability: Having a successful professional career in Industry, Government, Academia, and Defence as an innovative engineer in a team.
- PEO2: Higher Education: capable to pursue higher studies/research in the field of Engineering and other allied industries.
- PEO3: Entrepreneurship: prepared for a successful career by meeting ever increasing demands required by Computer Science and Engineering profession and enable them to become an entrepreneur.
- PEO4: Ethical: cultivated professional and ethical attitudes with effective communication skills, teamwork and multidisciplinary approach related to engineering issues.
- PSO1: Practices of Computing: Connect learning from Core and Disciplinary/Interdisciplinary courses of CSE (IoT & Cybersecurity including Blockchain Technology) to assimilate Technological advancements in the field for analysing and designing subsystem processes to arrive at the solution to real world problems.
- PSO2: Knowledge in the domain specific: Acquire software skills pertinent to Research and industry practices in the field of CSE (IoT & Cybersecurity including Blockchain Technology); along with the soft skills like persistence, proper judgment through projects and industrial interactions.