About The Department
Intake of the Department = 120
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering started in the year 2011 and is under the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka. The Department offers four-year B.E program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The Department has an excellent infrastructure and is well-equipped with laboratories. The Department has a highly competent and devoted faculty with teaching and industrial experience, qualified from reputed institutions of India, who are responsible for overall academic growth and results. An excellent environment is provided both for the students and faculties for creative development. Department is recently sanctioned with Research Centre under VTU Belagavi.
To produce proficient engineers, excelling the needs of current technological advancements in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering by establishing a learning environment consistent with industry standards in academics and research at global stage fulfilling the societal needs.
- M1: To impart high-quality technical education and provide training on latest technologies.
- M2: To develop innovation and creativity among students enabling leadership and entrepreneurship skills with ethical values
- M3: To facilitate continuous learning among faculties with excellence in research and consultancy.
- M4: To ensure more doctorate supporting research blend among students.
- M5: To create centers of excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering with industrial and university collaborations
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
- PEO1:Graduates shall excel in understanding the concepts of Electronic sciences and Computing with their applications in the industries and academic research
- PEO2:Graduates shall build effective communication skills, team work skills and professional ethics for the developments of cutting edge technologies and contribution towards R&D.
- PEO3:Graduates shall be technically competent with ability to analyze, design, develop, optimize and implement Electronics and Communication systems which meet industrial standards.
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes :
- PO 1:Engineering Knowledge:: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2:Problem Analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO 3:Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO 4:Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- PO 5:Modern Tool Usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7:Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- PO 8:Ethics:: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9:Individual and Team Work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10:Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineeringcommunity and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11:Project Management and Finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12:Life-Long Learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
About The Course :
The Electronics and Communication (E&C) undergraduate course offered by our department is as per the syllabus defined by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). The course mainly focusses on the development of student’s qualities in these following areas Communications, VLSI, Embedded systems, Computer Networks, Signal Processing, Control & Instrumentation, and Electronics Circuits. Apart from the basic course, the advanced courses are offered as elective by our department to ensure the student’s exposure to the advancement in technology for that particular course. With the course, the students are exposed to training, hands on workshops, and lectures to acquire knowledge of a specific field in depth. Along with the course, the students can get engaged with research and development activities carried by out the faculty members in our department.
Distribution of UG Course
- Dr. R. MANJUNATHA PRASAD,M.E, Ph.D,Professor & HOD
- Dr. KARIBASAPPA. K,M.E, Ph.D, Professor
- Dr. MADHUMATHY. P,M.E, Ph.D , Associate Professor
- Mr. DHANDAPANI. K,M.E,,Associate Professor
- Dr. DEEPAK KUMAR,M.Tech, Ph.D,Associate Professor
- Mr. RAMAKRISHNA. S,M.Tech,Associate Professor
- Dr. M. ANANTHA SUNIL,M.Tech, Ph.D,Associate Professor
- Mr. HAREESH KUMAR,M.Tech,Assistant Professor
- Mr. R.V.MANJUNATH,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. YASHASWINI GOWDA N,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. VISHWANATH M BHADRASHETTI,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. SYED ATEEQUR REHMAN,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. RAJESHWARI B C,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. RASHMI. V K,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. KAVITHA N,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. RAGHU. B R ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. MANU. H M,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. THIMME GOWDA. K S,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. PALLAVI KULKARNI,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. ASHA RANI. A.R,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. ANJALI P,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. TRIPTI KULKARNI,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. GARIMA PATHAK,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. PAVAN. N V,DIPL (E&C),Instructor
- Mrs. SHUBHA HEGDE,DIPL (E&C),Instructor
- Ms. REENA SUNDARI. L,DIPL (E&C),Instructor
- Mrs. NAGARATHNA. G,DIPL (E&C),Instructor
- Mr. MANJUNATH. C,B.A,Office Assistant
Technical Seminars/ Workshops Organized by The Department
||Title of the Event
||"Quadcopter-2017" 2 days National Level Workshop
||Radiance Technologies in Association with IIT Bombay
||10/11/2017 and 11/11/2017
||Talk on “Challenges of machine vision application in industrial use-cases”.
||Mr. Raghava Kashyapa, Qualitas Technologies,
||Talk on “VLSI technology-standard cell design and characterization”.
||Dr.S. L. Pinjare, Professor-ECE, NMIT, Bangalore
||Talk on “Pattern recognition: A linear algebraic approach”.
||Prof. A.G. Ramakrishna, Chairman, EEE, IISc, Bangalore
||“Magneto resistive sensors for automotive & industrial applications”
||Dr. Prashanth Chowdhuri, Scientist, NAL, Bangalore
||Python workshop-Hands on Experience.
||Mr. Vidhyadhar Sharma & Mr. Mohammed junaid, SPECKBIT EXPLORATORIES, Bangalore
||Workshop on “Embedded systems-ARM7 microcontrollers”.
||Mr. Sandeep & Raghu, EMBIENCE Technology
||30-09-2015 to 01-10-2015
- S. Keshav Raj has won 1st place in Table Tenis Tournament (Infini International Tournamnent) held in PES University on 27-10-2017
- S. Keshav Raj won the 2nd place in Inter college Interzone Tournaments -VTU held in AIT Chikamagalur
- On 07-10-2014, Vratul Kumar won “Young Innovators Competition”, ITU-Telecom World 2014-Doha.
||NUMBER OF STUDENTS PLACED
||21 (** Still placements are ongoing)