About The Department
Intake of the Department = 120
To be an excellent center for learning technology knowledge with a focus on research and development imparting professional education in Civil Engineering for ever changing societal needs with Credibility, Integrity and Ethical Standards
- M1: To achieve commendable success and academic excellence in Circular, Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities.
- M2: To face the challenges of construction industry for sustainable growth using inclusive Technologies.
- M3: To strive for quality in infrastructural development by exercising quality checks in accordance with codal provisions and by-laws
- M4: To discharge duties with Environmental, Economic and Social Considerations.
- M5: To enable the graduates to use the available tools and technologies to Assess, Analyse and Design Civil Engineering Structures
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
- PEO1:To equip graduates with fundamental knowledge necessary for a successful career in diverse field of Civil Engineering
- PEO2:To empower graduates in Research Methodologies, Problem Solving, Innovative and Multiple Thinking in multidisciplinary domains of Civil Engineering
- PEO3:Enable graduates to pursue higher education and research in the field of Civil Engineering, and engage in the process of life-long learning.
- PEO4:To perform Social and Professional responsibilities in Ethical manner to serve the society.
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes :
- PO 1:Engineering Knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2:Problem Analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO 3:Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4:Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5:Modern Tool Usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8:Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9:Individual and Team Work:: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10:Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineeringcommunity and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11:Project Management and Finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12:Life-Long Learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
About The Course :
- The Department of Civil Engineering is headed by Dr. K N Vishwanath, B.E, M.Tech, PhD
- Department of Civil Engineering is in the 4th year of its existence. Since its inception in the year 2012, the Department has seen great progress in the field of Civil Engineering both Professionally and Academics.
- The department has well qualified, trained and dedicated staff who constantly strive for the all-around development of the students. The department is well equipped with excellent and world class infrastructure which helps students to bridge the gap between the academics and industry.
- The department of Civil Engineering is associated with ICI-KB center and MoU’s with Edu CADD.
- The course aims to impart quality education to students, to bring about the skills and attributes in the field of Planning, Designing and Estimating various Civil Engineering Structures with a focus on Environmental and Sustainable development
Distribution of UG Course
|Lab – 1 : SURVEY PRATICE STORE ROOM – G02
Odd Semester – Basic Surveying Practice:
Surveying is a key component in any construction activity. Students here are imparted with the knowledge and techniques of surveying, using conventional and modern tools to faces the challenges of the society and seek to improve the quality of survey. Even Semester –
Extensive Survey Camp Laboratory
Students are exposed to the real time projects in terms of infrastructure development of any locality by providing means of Transportation, Water Supply and Sewage Disposal
• Total Station
• Digital Planimeter
|Lab – 2 : Material Testing Laboratory – G03
Odd Semester –
Material Testing Laboratory
Civil Engineering deals with use of various construction materials. It is vital for the engineers to learn about the strength and durability parameters of these materials. This laboratory aims to equip the students with the knowledge of properties of various construction materials with the use of Modern tools and Technologies
• Universal Testing Machine
• Compress Testing Machine
• Torsion Testing Machine
|Lab – 3: Concrete & Highway Material Testing Laboratory – G04
Odd Semester –
Concrete & Highway Material Testing Laboratory
In any construction activity Cement and Concrete play a very major role and are used huge quantities. The laboratory aims at Testing, Analyzing and Designing cement and concrete parameters. The laboratory also educates the students regarding the properties of Pavement materials such as Bitumen and Coarse aggregate.
• Benkelman Beam
• Marshall’s Stability Apparatus
|Lab – 4: HYDRAULICS & HYDRAULIC MACHINERY LABORATORY – G05
Even Semester -
Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machinery Laboratory
Using the most modern tools, the Hydraulics & Hydraulic machinery lab deals with the Water Flow, Types Of Turbines, Notches, Weirs their properties, uses and applications in the field of water resources and irrigation.
• Major Loss Equipment
• Open channel flow setup
|Lab – 5: APPLIED ENGINEERING GEOLOGY LABORATORY – 206
Even Semester –
Applied Engineering Geology Laboratory
Applied Engineering geology deals with the study of rocks and minerals composition underlying the earth’s crust.
• Hand Held GPS
|Lab – 6: CADD LABORATORY – 210
||Lab -6: Even Semester
Name of Subject: Machine Shop
Lab provide an insight to different machine tools, accessories and attachments for machining operations to enrich their practical skills to Students.
Major Equipments: Lathe Machine, Milling Machine, Shaper Machine.
|Lab – 7: GEO-TECHNICAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY – 209
Even Semester - Geo-Technical Engineering Laboratory
Study of soil and its properties is an important aspect in the field of Civil Engineering. The Geo-technical laboratory deals with the study of soil, its functions, its properties and applications in the field of Civil Engineering.
• CBR Apparatus
• Consolidation Apparatus
• UCC Apparatus
• Direct Shear Apparatus
• Tri-Axial Apparatus
|Lab – 8: ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY – 212
ODD semester :
Environmental Engineering Laboratory
In the laboratory students are trained to analyse water and waste water parameters, by which they will be able to interpret the results and compare it with Indian standards of Water & Waste water Quality.
• Muffle Furnace
- Dr. K N Vishwanath ,B.E ,M.Tech, Ph.D.,Professor & Head
- Dr. Vannappa B,Bsc; Msc; PhD,Professor
- Mr. M K Harikeerthan ,B.E; M.Tech, Associate Professor
- Mr. Shridhara S ,B.E, M.Tech,Associate Professor
- Mrs. Sandhya K M ,B.E; M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Manasa G P,B.E; M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Subhashini Bharath,B.E ,M.Tech,Associate Professor
- Mrs. Supraja IB.E ,M.Tech,Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Tanuja B B,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Lalitha A,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Pallavi R N,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Shankar Murthy ,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Deepthi B P ,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Sandya V,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Vinay Kumar K S ,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. P Girish,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Vishwas S N,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Vinayak A Hosur,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Ms. Kusuma B,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Ms Meghana Jagadish,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Jaytheertha S ,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Girish G M,B.E ,M.Tech, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Kiran ,Diploma (CS),Lab Instructor
- Mr. Nisar Ahamed,ITI,Assistant Lab Instructor
- Mr. Ramanjini B ,ITI,Assistant Lab Instructor
- Mrs Suma ,BBM,Office Assistant
- Mr. Manoj Kumar S R,ITI,Assistant Lab Instructor
- Mr. Suresh S ,Bsc (CBS),Assistant Lab Instructor
CADD CENTER - HULIMAVU
ADDRESS#60, 1st Floor, B.G Road, Hulimavu near Meenakshi Mall, Opp. to B.G.S School, Bangalore-560076
DATE24th April 2015
Objectives of MOU
- To provide employable skills to student during their course at the college
- Make the students aware of the latest tools and techniques at an affordable fee in order to keep them industry ready at the end of their course
- Maximize placement opportunities for students from all the course.
- To build the confidence level of the student to face the challenge of real time
Industry – Institute Collaboration
Indian Concrete Institute – ICI KB Center
Technical Seminars/ Workshops Organized by The Department
||Title of the Event
||Faculty Development Program on Computer Aided Building Planning and Drawing
||Ranganath – Founder, Eyrie Deigns
||23rd Aug 2017
||Dr. H.B Nagaraj – Professor. Dept of Civil Engineering & Project coordinator, BMSCE.
||14th Nov 2017
||Building Information Modeling and Compete Quest
||Dr. Vijay Rohidekar - DGM, Projects Design & PMC
||3rd Nov 2017
||Advance Materials & their Device Application
||Dr. V N Mani - Scientist - ‘F’, Center for Materials for Electronics Technology [CMET]
||6th Sept 2017
||National workshop of Bridge Design
||Mr. Mustafa Masalawala - Design Engineer and Technical Associate at Robokart
||22nd & 23rd April 2017
||ICI Students chapter inauguration
||1. Sri M N Ramesh Managing Director, Talrak Construction Chemical Pvt.Ltd, Bangalore
||13th May 2017
||Dr. Ravi Environmental Officer, KSPCB, Bangalore
||21st Sept 2016
||1. Mr. L.R Venkatesh Managing Director M/s Integral Construction
2. Mr. R Suresh Managing Director ANPCPMC, Bangalore
|16th Nov 2016
||Ecology And Environment - Role Of Engineers
||Dr. FARSHID ARESTHANI, Fulbright Scholar, USA.
||18th Nov 2016
- INDUS MAGAZINE 1st Issue - 6th October 2015
- INDUS MAGAZINE 2nd Issue – 16th November 2016
- INDUS MAGAZINE 3rd Issue – 14th November 2017
||Title of the Event
||Workshop on Construction, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Project (CRIP) Management,
||11th Nov 2017
||National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Construction Technology and Sustainability”
||4th Nov 2017
||State Level tech Fest “ techvidya 2017”
||27th,28th Oct 17
||Intercollegiate technical fest “UDBHAV 2017”
||25th,26th Oct 17
||Concrete Fair 2017
||25th,26th Oct 17
||National Level Workshop on Bridge Design
||International Conference on Construction, real Estate, Infrastructure and Project (CRIP) Management
||21st,22nd Oct 16
ICI – INDIAN CONCRETE INSTITUTE
Inauguration of Students chapter on 13th May 2017 in the presence of Principal DSATM, Dr. B R Lakshmikantha; Managing Director, Talrak Construction Chemical Pvt.Ltd, Bangalore, Sri M N Ramesh; Secretary ICI, KBC, Er. Kaushik Hajra; HOD, Dept. of Civil Engg, Dr. K N Vishwanath
||NUMBER OF STUDENTS PLACED