Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Vision of the Department
The vision of EEE department is to impart quality theoretical and practical education to the students in order to broaden their knowledge horizon on technical and managerial areas, so that they can compete and excel on various national and international forums of corporate, educational and research activities related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Mission of the Department
The mission of EEE department is the following:
- To provide a dynamic & scholarly environment, wherein students may learn independently as well as in association with others
- To induce a disciplined and knowledge based approach for their careers as professional engineers, researchers, scientists or, teachers
- To equip them with various skill sets and allow them to grow in diversified fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To provide a platform where they get a flavor of the industry through with the industry-institute connect.
- To train and develop students to become responsible citizens so that they contribute effectively to the society and the world at large.
On behalf of the Management of our prestigious institution, I welcome you to the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The department provides its graduates with the theoretical and practical competences in the field of electrical engineering, by means of developing the technical and informatic skills. Its mission consists in training students in acquiring high skills and competences in the field of electrical engineering and other related fields, as well as in conducting theoretical and applied research at the highest level.Read More
UG Program : Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE).Read More
Highlights Of The Department
- The strength of the department includes the infrastructure provided by the management and the dedicated and zealous faculty members.
- The EEE Department has been organizing invited technical talks and Workshops
- .Mrs. R.V.Parimala& Dr. K.L.Puttabuddhi, “Petri Nets – A Powerful Tool’, National level seminar in November, 2005 titled “Modern Trends in Power Systems” conducted by Dept. of E&EE, DayanadaSagar College of Engg. Bangalore.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO1Graduates will have the ability to apply the knowledge of Electrical & Electronics Engineering to excel in their chosen career path, either independently or as a member of a team.
- PEO2Graduates will be confident to work in multidimensional and diverse professional fields.
- PEO3Graduates will understand their responsibility and will have commitment to thrive in their ethical and social responsibilities.
- PEO4Graduates will have the ability to pursue higher education, research and will be engaged in lifelong learning processes.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- .Conduct investigations of complex problems: using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to Engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological Change