About The Department
DSATM in general and the Department of Management Studies in particular has carved a niche among the comity of institutions providing higher education in the state and country. Bestowed with dedicated and resourceful faculty with rich experience the department has witnessed an exponential growth since its inception in 2011. Affiliated to VTU and offering a 2 year full time MBA programme with all the specializations and combinations, the department has emphasized on the overall development of the students by incorporating a range of programmes under the head of Professional Input Programmes. The department has entered avenues of wholesome development of students into effective, socially responsible and contributing nation builders of tomorrow.
Management education is different from other branches of education. It is always dynamic and more of people centric and oriented towards personality development. The management education is an effort to bring the best in a person. This in turn is the contribution of the Institute and Management to building the nation in a broader sense.
In this direction DSATM has been trying hard to bring in a balance between the academic delivery and the professional inputs to students and over all the personality building. Apart from the systematic running of classes there is always a thrust for the life skill development through various programs. The department has been organizing the industry academia interface by organizing guest lecturers exposing the students to the corporate world. The students are taken to the industries and also to Industrial tour for additional exposure to the practical business world.
The department also organizes special training programs with the help of one of its kind in the country the “center for Innovative leadership” an in-house training center to improve employability of the students. In the previous year the department has achieved more than 85% placement for the eligible final year MBA students.
The department has professors with very rich Industry and academic experience along with abundant research background. The students who join DSATM will graduate themselves to be more knowledgeable, confident, employment worth, effective managers and more than all the good human beings.
Intake of the Department
The Department of Management Studies has a sanctioned intake of 60 approved by AICTE and VTU.
To get recognized as one of the most sought after management institutes by imparting quality education to develop a cadre of competent managers, entrepreneurs and professionals with a global mindset , social sensitivity and environmental consciousness
- M1: To provide an environment that fosters creativity and innovations in pursuit of excellence.
- M2: To nurture team work in order to develop responsible leaders and entrepreneurs.
- M3: To enable students to adapt to the dynamic business environment and make them socially sensitive and environmentally conscious.
- M4: To nurture research and development among the faculty members and the students of the department.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
- PEO1: Post Graduates of the program will acquire necessary managerial skills to think strategically and to lead, motivate and manage teams thereby enhancing managerial effectiveness.
- PEO2: The focus of Management graduates is to be either on self-employment, or demonstrate their entrepreneurial potential in their own organization.
- PEO3: Encourage and train the students to appreciate the importance of research work in their own fields, so that they can contribute to the continually changing Business environment.
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes :
- PO 1:Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- PO 2:Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
- PO 3:Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability..
- PO 4:Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business.
- PO 5:Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment
About The Course :
The Department is offering a TWO Year Full Time MBA Program affiliated to VTU and approved by AICTE. The Program has four semesters and the students will study general core subjects in the first two semesters and the functional electives in the two semesters of second year.
The department offers all the combinations of specializations prescribed by VTU with an option provided to students either to pursue dual or single specialization.
The students will take up one internship on between second and third semesters and a project in between third and fourth semesters. These will be evaluated with the examinations of subsequent semesters.
The course expectations reflect development of a very clear and a strong base of professional development which embodies a proper blend of communication skills, problem solving skills, decision making skills, negotiation skills and similar skill sets.
||Department Staff Room
Dr Geetha R
Professor and HOD
Qualification MA, MPhil (Eco), MBA, PhD(Mgmt),KSET Qualified
Praveen Kumar Sinha
V K SRIRAMA
Qualification BE, MBA
M D Saibaba
QualificationMBA (HR & FINANCE), B.TECH (ECE)
MBA Departmental Achievements
||Name of the Program/Event
||Resource Person(s) / Details
||11th May, 2018
||NCCSTM-2018 Management Track
||Dr Kiran R Hindustan Business Academy (External Adjudicator & Session Chair)
||3rd May, 2018
||National Level Management Fest: Aavartan’18
||Inaugural Function: Shri Acharya Ajit Kumar, Chairman, VDM- Move on India Valedictory Ceremony: Mr. Karthikeyan, PM , Cisco Systems
||19th & 20th April, 2018
||Seventh Sense Certified Campus Recruitment Training ( MOU)
||Mr. Ranjith Ms. Tanvi Mr Vignesh Mr. Kiran Eshwar Ms Sesha Ramya ( Instructors from 7th Sense Talent Solutions)
||Duration of Training 7 Weeks (23/02/2018 to 09/04/2018)
||Download MOU Report
||IQEP- Lecture Series-2
||Mr Prashanth, The Trade Counsellor The Trade Council of Denmark, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Denmark
||11th April, 2018
||NSS Activity: Datri Blood Stem Cell Donor Registry Awareness Program ( 73 participants registered as donors)
||Srinivas V , Donor Drive Coordinator DATRI Blood Stem Cell Donors Registry
||26th March, 2018
||Workshop on Personality Development: Merging Belief into Action
||Ramya N Rao CEO E-Volve Training Institute
||22nd March, 2018
||IQEP- Lecture Series-1: Pedagogy to Enhance Employability of Management Graduates
||Prof Venkatesh N
||22nd March, 2018
||Guest Lecture on : Entrepreneurial Journey of Farmizen Promoters
||Mr. Shameek Chakravarthy, CEO Farmizen
||20th March, 2018
||Industrial Visit to Hindustan Beverages Coca Cola Pvt. Ltd.
||Mr Gowri Shankar HR Director HBCCPL, Bidadi
||5th March, 2018
Accomplishments of the Faculty
- Dr Geetha R, MBA HOD was Invited as session chair at DSBA National Conference on 23-02-2018
- Dr Geetha R, MBA HOD was Invite as Guest Speaker at Hindustan Business School and Aviation Academy on 23-04-2018 to deliver a session on “Technovations in Business and Management” to faculty and students of HBSAA
- Geetha R is serving an a member of Editorial Board Member of ARSEAM, Canadian Journal of Sustainability (International Journal) and Samyoga National Journal of Management
- Geetha R is acknowledged among top 10% of the authors globally on Social Science Research Network SSRN, where authors from premier B-School like Harvard, Stanford, IIMs and the like are listed
- M D Sai Baba and Prof. Asmeen Mahapatro won the Best Paper award for the paper titled “Corporate Negative Externalities and non-curriculum pedagogies” in the national conference organized by DSBA on 22-02-2018
- V K Srirama, Faculty, MBA Department was invited as a resource person for a 2-day workshop on research methods organized by Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology for both faculty and students on 23, 24-02-2018
- Jyothi Shetty, 4th Semester, MBA presented a paper and won best paper award in the technical paper presentation contest as a part of 9th National Conference Samvit 2018, organized by SJBITon 03-05-2018 for the paper titled “Impact of NPA on the performance of Public and Private Sector Banks”
- Pooja S, 4th Semester, MBA presented a paper and won best paper award in the technical paper presentation contest as a part of 9th National Conference Samvit 2018, organized by SJBITon 03-05-2018 for the paper titled “An empirical study on the impact of price and volatility of commodities on Indian Stock Market”
- Megha Kumari, and Mr. Ananta Vihari Gupta, 2nd Semester, MBA were runners up in the FIZ WIZ Quest contest – Chanakya-17 organized by DSCE MBA Department, Also participated in Gestione 2017 for the marketing event
- Rajesh Verma, 2nd Semester MBA participated in BIZ WIZ – a business quiz contest organized by Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences and won 3rd place
- Ashwij and Mr. Bipin, 4th Semester MBA participated in Business Quiz contest in RNSIT – Gestione 2018 and emerged as Winners
- Vaishnavi, 2nd semester MBA participated in national conference organized by Welingker Institute of Management and published a paper
||NUMBER OF STUDENTS PLACED
Note:BAR CHART TO REPRESENT ABOVE DETAILS