DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
About The Department
The Chemistry department is one of the starting department (established in 2010) at DSATM and is loyal to teach Engineering chemistry to B.E first (All branches), students. Since its initiation in 2010 with DSATM, the department has six highly qualified and dedicated faculty members with a doctorate in the various specialization of Chemistry with postdoctoral experience. The department has state-of-the-art infrastructure for Engineering Chemistry Lab Class and is actively involved in basic and applied research work besides pursuing its objective of preparing students for challenging careers. The department faculties have expertise in the synthesis, characterization of various bioorganic, medicinal, spectroscopic and biopolymer chemistry, etc.
- To integrate the components of Basic Sciences and Engineering for grooming the students to become globally recognized professionals, strive hard to apply knowledge of Basic Sciences beyond the curriculum and demonstrate thinking across all disciplines./li>
- M1: To inculcate the importance of Basic Sciences in the field of Engineering.
- M2: To impart more engineering applications through trainings, workshops and conferences in enabling technical knowledge among science faculty
- M3: To establish science based laboratories
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes :
- PO 1:Knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory, physics, chemistry and network and EM field analysis of electrical, electronics and communication subjects
- PO 2:An ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems
- PO 3:Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4:Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- PO 5:Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- PO 6:. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practiceEnvironment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9:Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10:Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- PO 11:. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- PO 12:
About The Course :
The primary objective of an Engineering Chemistry course is to introduce the students to the concepts and applications of chemistry in engineering. It should cultivate in them an ability to identify chemistry in each piece of finely engineered products used in households and industry. It aims to strengthen the fundamental concepts of chemistry and then builds an interface with their industrial applications. It deals with applied and industrially useful topics, such as water technology, engineering materials, electrode potential and cells, fuels, polymers and corrosion. This course will involve minimum lecturing, content will be delivered through assigned reading and reinforced with large and small group discussions, as well as assigned in class (and
Distribution of UG Course Content
- Electrochemistry and Battery Technology
- Corrosion and Metal Finishing
- Fuels and Solar Energy
- Water Technology and Nanomaterial
|Lab – 1 : Lab Name Lab Name Engineering Chemistry / No. 01|
Odd Semester –
Name of Subject: Engineering Chemistry
Description of Lab
Even Semester –
Name of Subject: Engineering Chemistry
Description of Lab: Engineering Chemistry Lab
Conductivity Meter, Flame Photometer, Digital Ph. Meter, Colorimeter, Hot Air Oven, Hot Plate, Deionizer, Electronic Balance, Heating Mantle, Magnetic Stirrer, Glass Wares.
|Lab – 2 : Lab Name Engineering Chemistry / No. 02|
|Dark room to perform Optical experiments|
Dr.Shivakumar B S
Qualification M.Sc.,B.Ed. M.Phil., Ph.D.View Profile
Qualification B.Sc. M.Sc. Ph.D. (Pursuing)View Profile
Industry – Institute Collaboration
Technical Seminars/ Workshops Organized by The Department
Title of the Event
Space and Satellite Technologies
ISRO –Scientist. Space Satellite Center ,Bengaluru
08th April 2017
Nanoengineered materials for Energy Storage devices and sensor appliactions
Green Tech – Bengaluru
11th NOV 2017
Webinar on “Recent Developments in the field of Nanotechnology for Engineering Applications” 12th July 2021
Resource Person: Dr. Raghu A V Professor-Department of Chemistry Jain Deemed-to-be University, Bengaluru.
Three-day faculty development program RSVEA- 2019
07th -09th March 2019
Title of the event: INVITED TALK on “Application of Nanomaterials in organic Synthesis and Catalysis in Basic Chemistry” on 27th Oct 2018
Three Days FDP Programme on“Recent Advances In Basic Sciences For Engineering Applications” from 08th to 10th JAN-2018
INVITED TALK ON: 11/11/2017
Nano engineered materials for energy storage and sensing applications.By Resource Person: Dr.Doddahalli H Nagaraju C.E.O & SCIENTIST Crystal Green Tech , Bengaluru.
INVITED TALK ON: 08/04/2017
Space and Satellite Technologies by Resource Person: Mr Srinivas, ISRO –Scientist.
Dr. SUNIL KUMAR Y C
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & Head
DAYANANDA SAGAR ACADEMY OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT
UDAYAPURA, Opp. ART OF LIVING, KANAKAPURA ROAD, BENGALURU-560082
Phone No.: 9731939791