DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
About The Department
The department of Mathematics, one of the major departments of Basic Sciences was started in the year 2011 with the inception of the Engineering College, Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology & Management. The Department has excelled in the teaching learning methodology and has a good academic track record. The learning experience here is wholesome tailored to suit needs of the industry and independent career development.
The department has highly qualified, trained and dedicated teachers who are responsible for the overall academic growth.
To integrate the components of Basic Sciences and Engineering for grooming the students to become globally recognized professionals, strive hard to apply knowledge of Basic Sciences beyond the curriculum and demonstrate thinking across all disciplines.
- M1: To inculcate the importance of Basic Sciences in the field of Engineering.
- M2: To impart more engineering applications through trainings, workshops And conferences in enabling technical knowledge among science faculty.
- M3: To establish science based laboratories
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes :
- PO 1:: Knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory, physics, chemistry and network and EM field analysis of electrical, electronics and communication subjects.
- PO 2:Ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems.
- PO 3:Ability to design electrical and electronic circuits and conduct experiments on electrical systems, analyze and interpret data.
- PO 4:An ability to design digital and analog systems and component.
- PO 5:Ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
- PO 6:Skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems
- PO 7:Knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities
- PO 8:An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- PO 9:The understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society with awareness of project management and finance related issues.
- PO 10:Confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning.
- PO 11:Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE and/or seek employment in the industry.
- PO 12:Lifelong learning
About The Course :
The primary objective of Engineering Mathematics course is to introduce the students to the concepts and applications of Mathematics in engineering. Mathematics is used as an essential tool in natural sciences, engineering, medicine and the social sciences. Engineering Mathematics is to make students learn and understand basic concepts and principles to analyze application oriented engineering problems and apply its solutions effectively. To understand building up of models, practical oriented skills and problem solving are the challenges of the course.
Professor & HOD
Qualification M.Sc., Ph.DView Profile
Dr. K. A. Vidya
Qualification M. Sc., M. Phil., Ph. D.View Profile
Prof. Vinodalakshmi N
Dr. BHAVYA SHIVARAJ
Qualification B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph. D.View Profile
Dr. Vatsala GA
Qualification M.Sc., Ph.D, LMISTEView Profile
Dr. Shilpa P
Qualification M.S.c(Ph.d)View Profile
Qualification M.Sc. Ph.DView Profile
Technical Seminars/ Workshops Organized by The Department
|sL.NO||Title of the Event||Resource Person||Date|
|1||Guest Lecture on Role of Mathematics in Industrial Applications||Dr.Shankar||28th October 2017|
|2||Health Awareness Programme||Dr.Bhavana Mishra & Dr.Sunil||6th June 2017|
|3||Wildlife Photography Exhibition||Ashwatha K N||17th May 2017|
Dr. NAGARAJ C.,B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D
Professor & Head, Department of PHYSICS
DAYANANDA SAGAR ACADEMY OF TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT
UDAYAPURA, Opp. ART OF LIVING, KANAKAPURA ROAD,BENGALURU-560082
News and Events
Inauguration of Maths Club:
Maths club has been inaugurated on 22nd December, 2021 at the Department of Mathematics and arround 87 participents present at the event.
National Mathematics Day:
National Mathematics Day - Srinivasa Ramanujan, Life and Achievements of a Genius was celebrated on 22nd December, 2021 in the department of Mathematics. 473 participants were present at the event.
Guest Lecture on Fourier series and integral transforms:
On 18th November, 2019 Department of Mathematics has organized a guest lecture on Fourier series and integral transforms, arround 270 particients were benefitted by the event.
FDP on Recent trends in Science for versatile Engineering Applications:
Department of Mathematics in association with Department of Physics and Chemistry jas organized a faculty development program on Recent trends in Science for versatile Engineering Applications at DSATM Campus from 25th July to 27th July, 2019.
FDP on Recent trends in Nanoscience and Technology for Engineering Applications:
Department of Mathematics in association with Department of Physics and Chemistry jas organized a faculty development program on Recent trends in Nanoscience and Technology for Engineering Applications at DSATM Campus from 7th March to 9th March, 2019.
Click here for more event details condcucted by the department.